Alicia Beltran, LCPC, LPC
Clinical Director & Bilingual Clinical Psychotherapist
Alicia (she/her/ella) is certified as a Sex Therapist by the American Association of
Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT), is a certified EMDR
therapist via the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA) and has expertise working
with a wide range of sexual issues, relationship & attachment issues, and traumatic
experiences. She is also a sex therapist consultant and an EMDR consultant-in-training.
She holds a Master’s degree in Clinical Counseling from Johns Hopkins School of
Education, post-graduate certification in Holistic Sex Therapy from the Institute for
Sexuality Education and Enlightenment (ISEE) and post-graduate certification from the
Sexual Health Alliance (SHA) on Problematic Sexual Behaviors. Alicia is supervisor
toward independent licensure in Maryland and Washington DC as well as licensed in
Alicia specializes in working with individuals who want to learn to manage and process:
● Depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive, anger and impulsivity symptoms
● “Addictive” or behaviors of repeated patterns or seeming “out of control”
● Complex trauma or persistently development traumatic experiences or
unnurturing developmental experiences; experiences identified as neglectful,
abusive or influencing attachment
● Specific traumatic experiences at any age
● Sexual dysfunction
● Exploring specific identifies or various intersectional identities (i.e. gender, sexual
orientation, cultural, sexual expression, etc)
● Problematic sexual behavior or “out of control” sexual behavior, dissatisfaction
with sexual health
Alicia also works with couples who desire to achieve or work through:
● a more deepened connection in their relationship
● desire discrepancy or mismatch sexual interest
● the crisis of infidelity
● repair from difficult incidents or relationship strain
● sexual dysfunctions or substance use/addiction impacting their relationship
● exploring consensual non-monogamy (CNM) in their current relationship life
In therapy, Alicia could utilize the following approaches:
● sex-positive approaches
● mindfulness, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
● EMDR, Sensorimotor psychotherapy, IFS
● Imago & Gottman Method approaches for couple’s therapy.
Alicia is an ally to LGBTQA+, to individuals in open relationships/consensual non-monogamy and an ally for social justice. Alicia is bilingual (Spanish) and bicultural; she was born in Peru and grew up in Montgomery County, MD. She strives to respect various cultures, spiritual practices, and identities and learn more from her clients via the work that they do together. Her goal is to provide a supportive therapeutic environment regardless of sexual orientation, sexual expression, gender expression, relationship orientation, or gender identity.
Alicia’s career has consisted of psychotherapy in outpatient settings; she’s worked in integrated medical and behavioral health settings, in sexual assault and domestic violence centers, in crisis intervention, with offenders of offenses, and for fee-for-services outpatient agencies in the community. In her advanced career, she’s devoted her time to improving sexual health and healing trauma. She is also a practice director, an educator, approved supervisor and consultant; her plan is to continue supervising and teaching to bring about more sex- positive & trauma-informed clinicians in the community.
Alicia has trained with EMDRIA, the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute and the Internal Family Systems Institute, The Gottman Institute, The Beck Institute, and Imago Relationships. During her free time, Alicia enjoys spending time with her family and close
friends, dancing and reading good books.